Tuesday 23 July 2013

Who Wears What In Your Relationship?

I've learned from the cold, hard road known as experience that I don’t like wearing pants—in a relationship, that is.

 

When I was with my last boyfriend, I had final say, made most of our plans and felt like I was the one running the show. Now, it’s much more equal, although when it comes down to it, I defer to SM. We've never talked about it or decided that's how it would be; it just worked out that way.

Sometimes the gal is the one to take charge. I have a friend, Jenny, who is clearly the head-of-household. Not only is she the one making the cheddar, but their dynamic is such that she's the more authoritative of the two. However, it's not about who makes the money, necessarily. My friend In Cali who's a stay-at-home mama definitely calls the shots. And her hubby loves it! In this case "wearing the pants" doesn't mean you are a controlling witch or you don't take your partner's feelings into consideration. That's just mean.

So what about you? Who does the pant-wearing, and if you're currently single, how has it been in past relationships?

Who wears the pants?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment