Wednesday 21 August 2013

WENTWORTH Miller, The Star Of Hit Show Prison Break, Has Come Out As Gay.

The 41-year-old actor made the revelation in an open letter declining an invite to a Russian film festival.

In the letter posted on the GLAAD website, the actor said: "Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in the past and can also claim a degree of Russian ancestry, it would make me happy to say yes.

"However, as a gay man, I must decline.

"I am deeply troubled by the current attitude toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government.

"The situation is in no way acceptable, and I cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being systematically denied their basic right to live and love openly.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment