Friday 29 March 2013

7 Year Old War Child Joins The Syrian War


Reading the paper this morning I came across this. I'm barely a writer, talkless of being a political reporter. I'm quite disturbed by the whole Syrian war and don't quite understand the politics behind it. I do however understand children and a 7 year old carrying a gun is just plain disturbing.

The boy named Ahmed is the son of a rebel fighter? He was quoted as saying "With time it has become easy, blood has become like water to me".

Samantha Cameron visited a refugee camp in Syria this week as an ambassador for Save The Children.

"With every day that passes, more children and parents are being killed, more innocent childhoods are being smashed to pieces."

"As a mother, it is horrifying to hear the harrowing stories from the children I met today. No child should ever experience what they have," she said. 
I really wish there was more I could do than simply making monetary contributions. Money would help the children that have lost their loved ones, but would do nothing for the those children that have to fight in these wars like Ahmed.


No comments:

Post a Comment